Home About Me Disclaimer/PR Contact Me

Friday, November 19, 2010

Tag: My Makeup Story

So I was browsing Youtube & stumbled across this tag, I couldn't resist doing it! Here goes...

Questions:

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

I've always been interested in make up from a very young age, my Mum always wore make up & I remember sitting on her lap when I was 4 or 5 and smothering myself in her make up! Luckily I've got slightly better at application since then! I wore minimal make up all throughout school, this literally consisted of blush, mascara and lipgloss! I only really started getting into make up & wearing a full face of make up when I turned 16, a late bloomer by any standards.

2. How did you get into makeup?

As mentioned above my Mum always wore make up when I was younger & like every little girl I wanted to be just like my Mum. My real inspiration has to be seeing celebrities in magazines & on television, this inspired me to start wearing makeup.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?

I like a mixture of drugstore & higher end brands, these include MAC, Nars, Revlon, Benefit, Rimmel, Barry M & Urban Decay.

4. What does makeup mean to you?

Makeup to me means feeling confident & having lots of fun! I don't wear make up every day but when I do it makes me feel better about how I look, It helps to hide flaws and accentuate my features.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?

Tough one! How can a make up addict be asked this?! Does this include everything I can put on my face? If so I would have to choose foundation, bronzer, mascara & lipgloss but I hope I never have to choose only 4!

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?

My favourite think about make up would have to be how creative you can be with it. There are endless possibilities when it comes to makeup, you can do anything from a neutral natural look to a bold and colourful look. I get genuinely excited when I try a new product or look! *make up rehab needed*

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?

I like both high end & drugstore make up. I don't feel that high end mascaras are any better than drugstore mascaras 7 the price difference is sickening. I don't mind spending extra money on foundation because I haven't found a good cheap dupe to high end foundation....yet! I think drugstore products can provide dupes for many high end products and you should certainly shop around before spending alot of money on a high end product.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?

Practice, practice, PRACTICE! Practice makes perfect and you can only get better! Everybody has to start somewhere & even the best make up artists were beginners at some point & so the best advice I can give you is to just keep trying new looks & new techniques 'til you find something that works for you!

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?

Pencil thin eyebrows! or people that remove their eyebrows completely then draw them on badly! Eyebrows are so important to your face shape & they make such a huge difference!

10. What do you think about the beauty blogging community?

I think it's great. I've been reading blogs & watching Youtube videos for a couple of years now & decided to get in on the action! I've learnt so many great tips & discovered products I otherwise wouldn't have because of blogs & I hope it goes on forever!

Wow, long post! I would love to read your answers to the questions so please leave either a comment or link to a post on your blog.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment